Call for Submissions:
Pixel Point, an artisan gallery, bookbindery and graphics design studio in Anderson, SC, invites writers to submit original poetry, creative nonfiction, fiction, song lyrics or other creative wordplay on the theme “law of attraction” to the 2018 journal contest. The winners’ works will be featured in the wraps of limited edition, hand-bound, 5×7 blank writing journals in hopes that their words will inspire others to journal his or her own thoughts and experiences within the journal’s pages.
Our journals are basically blank, hard cover, lined journals hand-bound in our studio and constructed with alternative fiber papers. The Law of Attraction journal has the additional works added among the blank pages. The cover art reinforces the theme and is the commissioned work of Consie Sindet.
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2018
Eligibility: The contest is open to anyone.
Eligibility of Work: Work submitted must be unpublished and the work of the submitter.
- Send the submission as an attachment to an email or in the body of the email as plain text.
- Attachments must be in plain text and in a .doc, .docx, .txt or .rtf format.
- Poetry and lyrics should not exceed 150 words. Shorter works fit the format just fine!
- Prose should not exceed 500 words
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entry Fee: There is no entry fee.
Multiple Submissions: Only three entries per person regardless of category.
Selection Process: The included entries will undergo a jury process for form and for adherence to the Law of Attraction theme. Ten entries will be selected.
- Those included in the Journal will receive $25 and a copy of the hardbound journal.
- His or her bio will be included in the journal.
- All entrants will receive an invitation to an Open House for the book release and will be recognized at the event.
- All selected for inclusion in the book and those receiving honorable mention will receive a soft cover chapbook edition of the journal.
Publication: The Journal will be published in the 4th Quarter of 2018. Results will be sent to all entrants by email.